21 June 2008

Re-TAGGED!

http://oscar065.blogspot.com/2008/06/tagged.html

Here I go, SECOND round of answers:
(This was my first set, a couple of weeks back:
http://jeannelouwho.blogspot.com/2008/06/tagged-myself-again.html )

1. How would you describe your running 10 years ago?

At first, I was a sporadic jogger, only running when I needed to take off a few pounds, or release the stress I sometimes found overwhelming as an actor in NYC. Then I started a continuous streak (running every single day), hoping to get my endorphins going on a regular basis. I never took a walk break, I had never HEARD of a walk break. I would jog in place at the redlights rather than stopping.

2. What is your best and worst run/race experience?

Best: Um....My first race was terrific. The Sierra Club Earth Day 5k in 2003. I had never run in a race before. The field was small, but to me, used to jogging along alone, it seemed so BIG, and hearing all those running feet at the start was a thrill. The park was beautiful, and the race trophies were awesome! It made me decide I needed to run MORE of these, so I could take home a trophy some day.
Worst: Falling on my face at Lake Roland Rumble and needing stitches. Of course, I was too damn stupid to go to the E.R right away. I finished the run, even though I was less than halfway done, my face was throbbing (although I didn't realize I was cut, I just thought I was swollen and bruised), and I was really READY for it to be over with...but it was a trail race and I just kept following the orange flags. When I finished, a woman said, "Maybe you ought to go look at yourself in the mirror", and another runner's husband (who just happened to be a plastic surgeon) checked me to make sure I hadn't broken my nose. I had NOT. But I was covered from head to toe in mud, and my face was bleeding and caked in mud. I needed 6 stitches.

3. Why do you run?

Never say die.
Too stubborn to stop.
I'm forcing myself to be optimistic about my running future. MARATHON, MARATHON....
I STILL would like to lose a few pounds.
Because I can't fly.

4. What is the best or worst piece of advice you’ve been given about running?

Best: Listen to your body.
Worst: Push through the pain.

5. What is something surprising about yourself that not many people would know?

I'm really very pessimistic at heart. (I may be fooling myself, and perhaps EVERYONE knows this about me already. But I believe that most people who know me think I'm basically an optimist. NOT TRUE, I stuggle all the time to look on the bright side, as my tendency is to see the down side immediately.)

2 comments:

Jason said...

Hey Jeanne, haven't been here in a while. Thanks for the motivation I think I will pry myself off the couch today and get some excercise. Hope all is well.

Toasty said...

I think you discovered you were a runner when you decided to keep going. It was always there, you have always been one. On the last question I thought about so many pessimistic type feelings I have, I believe we all have them.

You are always my first choice to be tagged.