13 June 2020

June 13: Dedicated to Run for Roses

My Socks on the Wrong Feets 
solo-distant social hour-plus plus+ 
out on my home turf course today 
is dedicated to Run for Roses 5k
 I would have been singing at the start line
 I would have been running, such as I am able

I miss my friends
I miss the beautiful park 
I miss the races and post-race snacks 
and awards and phoJOGraphy 
and the volunteers ~ ~ ~ 

But I spent about 20 minutes talking to a woman 
(from 15 feet away, I'd estimate) 
who had the most GORGEOUS tall ruby red lilies 
growing in front of her home
 She told me she is from Alaska, so she's still new to the way growing things thrive or not here 
...and I'm just a hopeless hot mess 
when it comes to gardening
(at best!)

So I enjoyed this walk, after all
But I'm still sad

No comments: