11 July 2020

July 11: Dedicated to Joe's Girl's. And to Joe. And to the Other Joe.

Erratic serpentine duo distant walk/run 
with the Soleus and the husband 
on another muggy miserable Maryland midsummer twilight. 
This was the day we would have had our morning Annapolis Striders Women's Distance Festival 5k, 
and the Run After the Women for the men runners. 
I would have started the race singing the national anthem. 
I would have seen my friends. 
I would have taken 'bout a hundred pics 
with my little red Olympus. 
I would maybe have had some watermelon afterwards, 
and most likely more than one frozen fruit bar. 
And brunch with Marian and Tony and Elyse. 
OK. Let it go. Just breathe. 
I dedicate tonight's endeavor to Joe's Girls. 
And to Joe. 
And to the Other Joe.







No comments: