21 March 2006

So many marathons...

But just one set of legs...

This sounds GOOD!
http://www.marathonsoftexas.com/
Run all three and you get a special Finisher's prize! (I like special prizes!)

But then there's also this set: The Rock and Roll 'thons and halves -
http://www.eliteracing.com/heavy_medals.html

And then there are all my various local (and semi-local) marathons and club championships...
National Marathon
Charlottesville Marathon,
Frederick Marathon, Half-Marathon, and Team Relay,
The Under Armour Baltimore Marathon, Relay, Half-Marathon, and 5K,
http://www.marinemarathon.com/index.php
http://www.richmondmarathon.com/
http://www.steamtownmarathon.com/
George Washington Marathon/Marathon Relay
http://www.brrc.com/brrc2005/NCTbrrcApp05_info.html

And that doesn't even take into account MUST-DO marathons. Like NYC

...etc.



Hmmm...what's my projected LIFESPAN? AND how long can my hips hold out?

:-P

*jeanne*


8 comments:

Dori said...

Yes, they all sound like so much fun, don't they? Until you're into mile 19 and you wonder, "What was I thinking?!" I'd like to someday do the Nike Women's marathon in San Francisco. I want that Tiffany necklace!

Olga said...

Well, let's see...I've been doing marathons and ultras for exactly 3 years, I just made to number 50. I want to definitely do another 50 different ones, as well as to come back to some I already done. Let's say...10 years? Can my hips hang in there for a decade after falling apart in 3 years? I am sure! They better! Or I will have to crawl:)

*jeanne* said...

OLGA!!! 50 marathons & Ultras in THREE YEARS!

That is mind-boggling!!

And it doesn't sound like you're falling apart at all, from your recent trail run!

You are The Trail Diva!

Wow! Maybe I just need to pick up my pace a tad...
;-)

Unknown said...

Jeanne,

There is a saying in the Maniacs
YOU CAN DO IT!

www.marathonmaniacs.com

Olga and I are both certifiable members

Nancy Toby said...

Ooh, I hadn't heard about that Texas special thing!!

So many races, so little time....

Downhillnut said...

You know, for someone who resolved to race LESS this year, you're not really helping the cause.

Kind of like tempting me with more brownies when I'm trying to cut down.

Naaaaah. I'll never pass up a brownie...

*jeanne* said...

But I HAVE been racing less this year!

There are FIVE races on my calendar that I SKIPPED! And that's only in the first quarter of the year!

:-)

I STILL plan to meet my 50-Plus Club "quota" (you don't actually have to complete 50 races to be a member, as long as that is your goal. They don't drum you out if you don't make it. Some members have never made it, I believe! But I'll make it, barring unforseen circumstances.)

UltraMamaC said...

I'll do White Rock with you if you come down -- you can even stay at Casa Skatemom.....

And Austin is all downhill....

And Houston has a great goody bag, sez my friend who's done it two years in a row...

If you commit to Texas, I'll do it, too... Did I just say that???