14 May 2020

May 13: Dedicated to Perseverance

My solo distant powerwalk tonight 
came after a 2 hour battle with the INVASIVES 
on my back slope
(Third evening in a row of this enduring battle) 
Mask to help keep inhalation of mildew & dirt particles down, glasses to keep dirt from "splashing" into my eyes, everything else as covered as possible because of TICKS. I've had Lyme disease once. I NEVER WANT a tick-borne illness again, and this is Land of the Ticks.
I may never win, 
but I can slow these monsters down. 
No snake encounters, no ticks (knock wood) 
I dedicate this evening to Perseverance
Capital "P"
PERSEVERANCE 

1 comment:

*jeanne* said...

By the way...the Japanese Maple is NOT the invasive plant I am trying hopelessly to eradicate from my property. The red of the maple represents STRENGTH and the BATTLE. The invasive is chameleon plant. Houttuynia Cordata. It is a stinky monstrous spreader. YOU ARE HEREBY WARNED!!!!