08 April 2006

Smiley was lost, but now he's found

Smiley-Face car keys disappeared last October.

Seeked them here (every pocket of every coat, jacket, pair of slacks, sweatshirts, skirts, pocketbook, purses, luggage. EVERYTHING I wear or pack.)

Seeked them THERE (emptied my entire car, trunk and all, under the seats, mats. Same with my husband's car. Did it TWICE for my car.)

Seeked and seeked them EVERYWHERE. (closets, counters, drawers)

Yesterday, my husband says,
"Oh, I had your car keys in my jacket pocket. I left them on the counter."


!

MAN-OH-MAN

9 comments:

junebee said...

What a coincidence. I just found a sock I lost months ago. It was in my husband's sock drawer...

Unknown said...

That was so nice of your husband to find your key for you. ha ha!

Anonymous said...

Husbands can be a real pain like that! Thanks for visiting "Letters to my girls." I actually moved to typepad. Hope to see you visit sometime.

How funny that junebee reads your site too. She reads my syndicated version by my local paper! What a small world!

Lora said...

What's his punishment????? ;)

Dawn - Pink Chick Tris said...

Everytime mine go missing I check HIS pockets. I leave mine hanging on the kitchen wall. He leaves his on the night stand so he always grabs mine when he's just going out to do something in the garage with the truck and he never puts them back.

Like Junebee, I also find my socks in his drawer, my cotton t-shirts in his drawer. I think they just like to hide things on us...lol.

Downhillnut said...

Oh, that would have driven me CRAZY!

Ellie Hamilton said...

LOL!! I'm sorry, it's just so *jeanne*-and-her-husband...

I read it to my own husband and he said, "Guess you had to be there."

He doesn't "get" anything where the guy comes out the underdog.

Spider Walk said...

I say you wait a few months and hide his keys...
Under a flower pot out back!

UltraMamaC said...

this is precisely why we have two sets of keys to both cars. And he's not allowed to touch my "big" keys with my office stuff on them, just the spares!