11 December 2005

Bessie comes to stay!


This is Bessie, from Calgary, Alberta, by way of Tampa's Gasparilla Distance Classic. She (and her 2 identical sisters) was the award for the first female team-members at the Gasparilla races
(http://www.tampabayrun.com/exec/gasparilla/index.cfm?publicationID=309)
in February.

My very special friend Karen (recipient of BESSIE as her RACE AWARD!)has sent Bessie to ME as a secret Santa gift in our Penguin Athlete's group (penguinathletes) Christmas gift exchange!

5 comments:

Black Knight said...

Bessie is a very nice present!! By the way I look forward to see the pics of your race and....you are not slow, 1.03 is a good time and through a park is not so easy to run. Who knows if I ran in the same park when I visited Wa. dc in 1999?

Downhillnut said...

I think that t-shirt colour rather suits her. And SHE looks way better in the hat than I did! I like how Bessie and Penguins are both black and white.

I know Bessie is VERY VERY VERY loved with you! Try not to spoil her rotten, eh?

*jeanne* said...

If my little Bill is any indication, Bessie is gonna be WAY spoiled! Just the way it is...

Dawn - Pink Chick Tris said...

She looks right at home.

Unknown said...

I like all the pictures. It looks like you got a good amount of snow.