13 December 2005

Double-header Sunday

10K with DC Road Runners in the morning! QUITE slippery, but not too cold.

I started after all the others went by - I never can keep up, anyway! LOL!










Award winners at DCRRC Bread Run 10K get their choice of a bread loaves donated by the runners and volunteers. I didn't win one, but I BAKED gingerbread! :-)


The Howard County Striders have such great informal weekly races!

I ran the 10K, but joined in after the last runners had passed me.






5 comments:

Dawn - Pink Chick Tris said...

Great photos, as always. What a great idea. Bread for a prize.

Anonymous said...

Great pics! I tagged you in my blog ;-)

Downhillnut said...

What a great HAT! Looks like you have as much fun down there in the frosty air as we do.

I really like the idea of a bread run.

Black Knight said...

Great pictures, nice pack, funny run and I see a very refined "gentleman" in the last photo. Is he a top runner?

*jeanne* said...

The little gentleman was not actually participating in the race - he was out for a promenade with his family, but he seemed to be fascinated by me and the camera!

And I don't know what kind of bush that is, but I loved the holiday red berries, especially with the little vestiges of snow still on the ground!